Sunday, August 31, 2008

Strawberry Mousse Pie

It's been a month since I moved in with Kevin. With the long weekend in motion, I decided to invite my family over for a BBQ. They've never seen where I live...They've seen my old place, but I never invited them over for a meal. The kitchen at my old place was so small, i don't even think i could have fit my whole family at the dining table.

This blog is not about the meats we're going to have, it's about the strawberry mousse pie I made for tonight. The recipe I used for it said it's a no-bake cheesecake, but it's misleading because the texture is a mousse cake...maybe it should be called a cheese-mousse cake. lol This is so incredibly easy to make.


  • 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1 pkg (85g) Jello powder (strawberry)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • strawberries (cut into small pieces)
  • 1 graham pie crust
  1. Beat cream cheese until smooth.
  2. Dissolve jelly powder in boiling water. Cool until slightly thickened.
  3. Beat jelly into cream cheese, until smooth. (shortcut: put in blender and blend away)
  4. Add fresh or thawed frozen strawberries to the mix
  5. Fold in whipped topping.
  6. Pour into pie crust. Put in the refrigerator until set.

The original recipe didn't have a a crust at all and the mixture is poured into paper-lined muffin cups to make individual portions. Adding fruit was also a change I made to the recipe. The first time I made it, I made with lemon jello and with graham crumbs at the bottom of the muffin cup. They came out yummy, but I figured fresh fruit would make it even better.

2 comments:

judyfoodie said...

Wow nice! That looks really good. I wish i can reach into my computer screen and get a piece;)

Patrizia said...

Wow, pretty!
I love the way you decorated it!

:)