Thursday, August 21, 2008

Breakfast at Joey's

I love breakfast food. There’s something so deliciously sexy about a plate of over-easy eggs, with seasoned potatoes, fruit, greasy sausage and bacon…There’s this place Kev and I love to go to for breakfast. We used to go pretty often when we first started dating. It’s a chain, I believe. It’s call Eggspressions, I always end up saying Eggspectations. Kev and I call it Malibu Stacey’s, because there was a waitress who used to work there and we called her Malibu Stacey. She was blond, with big boobs, tanned, and full face of make-up. She doesn’t work there anymore. But we continue to go there, although not quite as often. We like it there, because it’s so close to home, and it’s cheaper than a lot of places. We also have no complains about the food. The potatoes aren’t fries, and the sausages look like sausages and not patties.

I’ve tried to make my own, but it’s not the same. I always end up puncturing my eggs. The best part is the runny yolk…but Kev has no complains, since he likes his eggs scrambled, and I apparently make yummy scrambled eggs.

On days we have fresh fruit in the fridge; I make pancakes…not from scratch though. I use a pancake mix.

Yesterday, I stayed home from work, because I didn’t feel well. I woke up and just felt like making French toast. I haven’t made French toast since I was still living with my parents. I was eager to try it because we had just bought specialty bread at the Chinese Supermarket (T&T) in Toronto. Sweet egg bread is so yummy with butter and condensed milk. So I figured that French toast would be even better. I remembered having a recipe of Cinnamon French Toast in the little recipe book my friend R. made for me a few months ago. It required using the oven, which I found too much trouble for one French Toast. So I just used a frying pan.

  • 1 egg
  • 1 slice of bread
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla extract
  • Milk

I hate using measuring cups and spoons, so I just winged it. Whisk egg with milk and a bit of vanilla. Dust Cinnamon on both side of bread, dip bread in egg mix, and fry each side on medium to high heat until golden brown. I love cinnamon, so I sprinkled some more on top. Serve with syrup.

To be honest, it was decent, but not the best breakfast I’ve ever had…I’m more of a salty breakfast kind of person.

I should have taken a picture of it to put on my blog…but I’m way too lazy for that.

1 comment:

judyfoodie said...

lol stop being lazy and take pics. Me want food porn :) Your breakfast sounds good. I'll try it at some point.