Monday, August 31, 2009

How to preserve coriander

I used to hate coriander. My mom would always make coriander soup when someone had a sore throat. She believed that coriander soothed the throat...i'm not too sure about that. Like dill pickles, I do not when and how I started liking it. I like using coriander in thai dishes and also salads, like my crab salad. But I always have a lot of trouble keeping my coriander. They usually last a few days and start to rot. I mentioned in an old post that the moisture make the coriander rot faster. It is true.


My friend Wynn told me to wrap my coriander in paper towels to keep the moisture out. I did that, but preferred the freezing method. This way I can add coriander to curry or soups, but not really for salads.


Wash and chop coriander leaves and stuff them into an ice cube tray, then fill it with enough water that the leaves are all submerged. Freeze.

No comments: