But it was my trip to Quebec city with Kevin that made me fall in love with gourmet pizza. We went to this Italian restaurant right outside the walled city and it was the best pizza I have ever had.
When I get lazy, I make "fancy" pizza at home, It's fast to make. I had a bunch of arugula leaves in my fridge and some tomatoes. I hate how vegetables go bad so quickly. So I went out and bought some goat cheese and voila...
1 large pita bread
Pesto
Roma tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Arugula leaves
Goat Cheese
Olive oil
Pepper
lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spread pesto all over one side of the pita.
- Cut medallions of goat cheese and place them on the Pita. Or crumble goat cheese.
- Add sliced Roma tomatoes, sprinkle minced garlic
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until pita is crispy.
- Chop arugula and mix a bit of olive oil, pepper, and lemon juice in it.
- Take pizza out of oven, spread arugula on top. Enjoy!
When I make a veggie gourmet pizza, I often make a regular pepperoni with cheese one for Kevin. He sometimes complain when there's no meat in our dinner. However, when he had this, he said he liked it better than the pepperoni pizza. Victory! My only complaint about this is that it's not great to bring to lunch...unless you bake it again in a toaster oven at work. The pita gets really soggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment