I decided to try making these with some alcohol. There are many ways to make chocolate truffles, most of the recipes i found required heavy cream and more ingredients. Here's the recipe I used:
- 1 pkg (250g or a little more than 1 cup) Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 oz of chocolate, any kind
- 50 ml Bailey's
- Melt chocolate until smooth
- Mix in cream cheese and Bailey's
- Refrigerate until hard. I left it in the fridge overnight since i only started making them late.
- Roll into little balls, cover with whatever coating you want. Place on mini paper cups. Refrigerate.
I tried different coatings. The cocoa powder gave the truffles a little bit of a bitter taste before the sweetness in the center hits you. Coconut shavings were nice and gave it a nice flavor. I didn't use nuts in case Wynnie's boyfriend had a nut allergy that I didn't know about. I do not recommend using powder sugar. The sugar melts into a messy goop. I had to throw those out. I bought a cute little gift box to put the truffles in. Wynnie seemed to like them and said they were fancy. The funny thing was that Kevin knew I was making truffles, but didn't come to see what they looked like. So when Wynnie opened the box, he said "Wow! you made that?" Not too subtle. lol
These are quite sweet and rich. Serve them with milk, coffe, or tea...
No comments:
Post a Comment