Over the weekend, I felt a little lazy thinking up what to cook. My co-worker had previously told me about his homemade pizza nights he has with his wife. They would buy pre-made pizza pie crusts, buy the ingredients they want and then make their own. So I suggested it to Kev, and he said ok. Preparing the ingredients took the longest...grating cheese, cutting veggies...
We bought a pack of thin-crust pizza by Ziggy. It came with two packets of tomato sauce. But I'd suggest getting canned or jarred pizza sauce. Ziggy missed the boat on pizza sauce. Kevin didn't quite mind it, his complaint was that he used too much. He used both packets, since I wanted Pesto as my pizza sauce.
Kevin's pizza consisted of sliced pepporoni, sliced onions, sliced green peppers, and cheddar cheese. We had a block of cheddar cheese left over from making scalloped potatoes a few days ago. I had asked him if he wanted to buy mozzarella, but since we don't finish cheese very quickly, we didn't want to have too many leftover in the fridge and go moldy. (This is odd to me, because cheese in the fridge at my old place with rachelle would be eaten within a week...we love cheese). Kev also wanted sausage or beef on his pizza, but thought it was too much trouble to prepare.
My pizza has a slightly nicer presentation I guess. Since I don't eat veggies enough, I was craving a veggy pizza. With the pesto base sauce, I added sliced onions, sun-dried tomatoes, sliced tomatoes, chopped green peppers, and goat cheese. Goat cheese is my new cheese obsession. My last one was swiss cheese. I find it funny that I like goat cheese, because i don't eat goat meat or lamb. I also bought frozen chopped spinach, but then forgot to add it onto my pizza. Kevin tasted my pizza and admitted it was yummier than his own. Victory! lol
I'd definitely have another make-your-own pizza night, but i think I will make Kevin's pizza for him.
1 comment:
That veggie pizza looks really good. I now have a craving lol.
Post a Comment