Thursday, June 04, 2009

Jessica's Grilled Pineapple

I know I haven't been updating my blog in a long time, but I do have good reasons...well first I went on vacation and got engaged there. Got back home and got sick with a cold. But it wasn't swine flu...sorry, I mean H1N1. Then I got laid off at work. Got sick again. Found another job. I just finished my second week at the new job and I am usually too tired to blog...either that or i'm just busy playing video games.

Since summer is coming, i'll post about grilled pineapple. My friend Jessica made this for us a while ago. At the time, we couldn't use the bbq yet. So we just made it on the stovetop.


1 whole pineapple, peeled and sliced.
1 cup maple syrup or corn syrup
1 tsp of cinnamon

whole walnuts

  1. Marinate pineapple slices in syrup and cinnamon for 1 hour to 24 hours.
  2. mix walnuts and some corn syrup on the stove until well glazed. Set aside to cool.
  3. On stovetop: Medium heat and cook until golden brown.
  4. Serve with vanilla ice cream and garnish with glazed walnuts.

Simple and yummy!


No comments: