
I'm back from spending a week in Orlando, Florida. I have to admit, I've been in Orlando twice in my life and I haven't seen Orlando at all. Both times i spent it inside Disney World. I'd like to mention that I was in Disney World, not Disney Land. A lot of people seem to think they are the same think...sure...they're part of the same corporation, but Disney Land is in California...and much smaller than Disney World. I guess there's something about Disney Land that just rolls off peoples tongues. :)
On the morning of our flight, I woke up feeling sick...i had caught a cold and we didn't have any cold medicine at home. we tried to find a 24 hour drug store, but there were none that were close by. So I had to suck it up. I later bought some cold medicine at the Orlando airport. Over the week, we all took turns getting sick. Since I was sharing a room with Kev, I gave him my cold. Our friend Mike had a fever for a day. My brother, Andrew, caught some kind of stomach virus and was in bed for almost 2 days. My sister caught a cold by the end of the trip.
The weather in Florida was very humid and hot. Most days were partially cloudy with strong sun, but usually it would rain in the evening or night. On one day, our group decided to seperate and it began to rain. That's when we remembered that our raincoats were in my sister's backpack...and by then, she was in a different park. So Kev and I got soaked. It was not fun.
Disney has lots of great rides and shows, but not many very thrilling rides. The most thrilling is probably Expedition Everest, which we rode 3 times. The food is not great. They have many food counters for quick eats. The Turkey leg was tasty, but salty. Their chicken wings, which we only discovered on our last full day there, were quite delicious. They also have a gourmet sandwich place called Earl's Sandwich in Downtown Disney that is very good and cheap. Restaurant food was good, but expensive for what it is.
For some reason, I remember Disney being much more fun 6 years ago. Perhaps because I was 6 years younger, and i was seeign everything for the first time. I didn't care about the food then, I just wanted to eat quickly and get back to the lines. Possibly, with age, I now crave some kind of quality food. Instead, we were given overpriced burgers that tasted worst than McD's. Satisfying when hungry, but I could hear my stomach yelling "What the hell are you feeding me?"
I guess being attached played a role in how my trip differed from 6 years ago. Back then, I was single. I was there with my siblings and friends, just followed the groups plans. But with Kev, I had to consider where he wanted to go and think about how to plan around the group so we can have some alone time. Since it was also a trip with my siblings, I wanted to spend time with them. And I felt bad for running off with Kev all the time. Don't get me wrong, i loved the time I spent alone with Kev, because all my attention is on one person and not trying to figure out what everyone else wanted to do. In the end, I think I prefer going on trip with my siblings alone and going on trips alone with Kev. That way, I do not feel torn.
However, I am glad i got to experience Disney World with Kev. It's a whole different feeling when you see the fireworks at Cinderella's castle with the person you love right there with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment