A month ago, we visited Kev's parents and they asked us if we wanted chicken. I guess it was on sale and they stocked up their freezer. We didn't see them pack it int he cooler, so we only found out how much they gave us when we got home and unpacked. Our freezer was packed with chicken. So for the last couple of weeks, we've been having a lot of chicken. I had some left over roast chicken in the fridge and I didn't know what to do with it. We're having a heatwave here, and I didn't feel like slaving in the kitchen. I poked around the fridge and found carrots, cucumbers, and coriander. I also had some crushed peanuts. Perfect. I'll make Vietnamese vermicelli salad. Not quite sure it's authentic Vietnamese, because I got the recipe from Canadian Living magazine. But this was really good, and very fresh for a hot summer night.

1 package of thin vermicelli noodles
crushed unsalted peanuts
coriander, chopped
carrots, shredded or julienned
cucumbers, sliced or julienned
cooked chicken, shredded
For
Nuoc Cham:
2 tbsp sugar
finely shredded carrots (I used my
zester)
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2tsp white vinegar
crushed red peppers
- Cook noodles following package instructions.
- Meanwhile, whisk sugar with 1/2 cup warm water until dissolved. Stir in shredded carrots, fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, and chili pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble dish. Vermicelli, carrots, cucumber slices, coriander, peanuts, cold shredded chicken. Serve with sauce on top.
1 comment:
What a great blog!
This looks so delicious!
Have a nice time!
Paula
Post a Comment